Concluding our blog series 8 Types of Google Penalties & How to Recover from Them, here we will point out a few more common ways that Google may penalize websites and what may need to be done to recover from these penalties.
An Overview of Some More Google Penalties
7 – The “-950” Penalty
As one of the types of Google penalties that Matt Cutts has personally confirmed, the “-950” penalty essentially drops a website back 950 spots (or 9.5 pages in SERPs). This penalty may also be referred to as the “end of results” penalty because it:
- Generally places a site at the “back” or “end” of results listings
- Is usually reserved for sites that have continued to use Black Hat SEO tactics, bad linking strategies and other tactics that violate Google’s best practices
- Is a severe penalty that is typically issued as a final warning before a de-listing/de-indexation penalty is imposed.
8 – Combo Google Penalties
Again, as the name implies, these types of penalties involve a combination of at least two or more other Google penalties, which means that:
- Various types of Google penalties can end up affecting various parts of websites simultaneously.
- Figuring out the specific nature of the penalties imposed can be that much more complicated and will likely require a close analysis of traffic for a site over the past few (or more) months.
- The work to help a site recover can be just as in-depth and complicated, as it may necessitate the revision (or replacement) of multiple pages and/or sections of a website (in terms of content and/or design).
After Google Penalties: The Bottom Line
When it comes to Google penalties for websites, the bottom line is that:
- There are a number of different types of Google penalties that can impact websites – and new penalties are regularly being developed and imposed to more effectively target sites that rely on Black Hat tactics.
- Knowing when these penalties have been imposed can be complicated for website owners and can take a closer analysis of a website’s traffic history over recent months.
- Coming back from Google penalties can take some in-depth work on a website.
- To recover from Google penalties as quickly and effectively as possible, it’s best to contact experienced SEO professionals like those at Epic Web Results.
Effective Internet Marketing Solutions at Epic Web Results
Has your site been the subject of a Google penalty? Or are you looking to develop an optimized site right the first time? If so, it’s time to contact the professionals at Epic Web Results. Our skilled industry professionals are up to date with the latest advances in Internet marketing and SEO best practices, and we are highly adept at designing and maintaining optimized websites that will soar to the top of search engines.
Our extensive experience developing the best possible online results for our Clients means that we consistently provide a variety of cost-effective Internet marketing solutions that can ultimately help grow our Clients’ businesses.