Adding high-quality, original content to a website on a regular basis is one way to climb in search engine rankings and get more traffic to a site. What this content is, however, is also important to the success of a content marketing strategy, as not all content is created – or ranked – equally.
One specific type of content piece that can be important to a site and its overall content marketing strategy is the evergreen content page.
What is Evergreen Content?
Simply put, evergreen content is content that will stay relevant for an indefinite period of time (or be “forever green”). In contrast to news-based pieces that can be irrelevant within days, weeks or months, evergreen content will stand the test of time and will generally continue to be important to your target audience in the future.
Why Is Evergreen Content Important?
Evergreen content can be important for a number of reasons, including (but not specifically limited to) the facts that it:
- Can deliver relatively high returns on investment (ROIs) – After investing in developing/publishing evergreen content, this content can continue to cull traffic and gain attention well into the future.
- Can continue to deliver relevant information to users
- Can continue to earn organic traffic for a specific keyword phrase.
How Do I Create Evergreen Content?
If you are ready to start developing evergreen content pages for a site, here’s what you can do to get started:
- Figure out what the “evergreen” topics and interests are for your industry – A good starting point for this brainstorming can be “intro topics” that explain the fundamentals of your industry and what people may need to know if they are first being introduced to your business.
- Think about the best formats – Evergreen content can come in various forms, with some of the most helpful – and shareable – formats including how-to guides, FAQs, myths versus facts and even checklists.
- Do some research – See what is already published on the topics you are going to write your evergreen content on, and figure out what else you may be able to say about these topics to offer some new, important insights to users.
- Publish it in the right place – Given that evergreen content (when done right) will continue to be relevant in the future, make sure that you publish somewhere where your users will be able to easily find it later.In other words, it’s usually not the best idea to publish evergreen content in blogs where it will get buried by newer content in a few months. Instead, consider making your evergreen content more prominent, as standing articles or content pages on a site, in order to get the most out of it.
Contact Epic Web Results for Effective Internet Marketing Solutions
Are you ready to realize the best results from your website? If so, contact Epic Web Results today. Our skilled industry professionals are up to date with the latest advances in Internet marketing and SEO best practices, and we are highly adept at designing and maintaining optimized websites that will soar to the top of search engines.
Some of our specific legal and Internet marketing services include website design (including for mobile devices), link building, content and email marketing, website analytics, social media marketing, etc.
To learn more about our customized, innovative Internet marketing solutions, contact the professionals at Epic Web Results by calling (800) 501-9724 or by emailing us using the contact form on this page.