ATTN Attorneys: Google Panda 4.0: Your First Look at the Panda 4.0 Update
Google Panda 4.0, the latest update to the Panda algorithm, is here, according to a tweet sent by Matt Cutts yesterday. Here’s your first look at the details of Google Panda 4.0:
- Panda 4.0 is a major update to the site ranking algorithm, rather than simply just a data refresh – This means that, in this update, Google altered how Panda will identify and classify sites.
- Panda 4.0 is already impacting some sites’ rankings – With previous Panda updates (smaller and larger alike), Google would roll out the changes over a period of 10 to 30 days, with the goal being that these algorithm updates would be more integrated, “softer,” and less noticeable. However, given that some sites are already seeing significant impacts to their rankings as a result of Panda 4.0, this evidently is not the case with this latest algorithm update.
- Panda 4.0 will continue targeting sites with poor quality content – The goal here is to prevent sites with thin, low quality and/or a lot of duplicate content (including scraper sites) from worming their way up search engines’ rankings. The flip side of this coin is that sites with original, high quality content should expect to see positive impacts from Panda 4.0.
- Panda 4.0 is taking effect at the same time as Google’s Payday Loan 2.0 – The Payday Loan 2.0 is intended to target spammy sites while Panda 4.0 is focused on targeting sites with low quality content. Ultimately, however, because both of these algorithm updates were rolled out at the same time, webmasters who see their sites slipping largely in search engine rankings may have a more difficult time determining which algorithm is affecting the site and what specifically needs to be done to help the site recover.
The Bottom Line: What Does Google Panda 4.0 Mean for Your Website
The bottom line is that you can likely expect Google Panda 4.0 to negatively impact your website if your site:
- Lacks original, high-quality content
- Doesn’t comply with SEO best practices.
Because recovering from the impacts of algorithm updates can be more difficult than simply resolving these issues before the algorithm knocks your site, contact Epic Web Results for help cleaning up and effectively optimizing your site.
Effective Online Marketing Solutions at Epic Web Results
At Epic Web Results, our skilled industry professionals are up to date with the latest advances in SEO best practices, and we are highly adept at designing and maintaining optimized websites that will soar to the top of search engines. Some of our specific services include website design (including for mobile devices), link building, website analytics, social media marketing, content marketing, email marketing, etc.
Our extensive experience developing the best possible online results for our Clients means that we consistently provide a variety of cost-effective online marketing solutions that can ultimately help grow our Clients’ businesses. Our goal is to provide your business or firm with aggressive, effective marketing solutions that will help attract potential new clients while continuing to engage existing clients.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about our customized online marketing solutions, contact the professionals at Epic Web Results by calling (800) 501-9724 or by emailing us using the contact form on this page.