Hashtags: Why They Are Important to Attorneys & How to Use Them (Pt. 2)
Resuming Hashtags: Why They Are Important & How to Use Them (Pt. 1), here, we’ll continue this discussion, now pointing out some tips for devising effective hashtags to use in your business’ social media marketing campaigns.
How to Devise Hashtags: Helpful Tips
Here are some tips for developing effective, engaging hashtags for your social media marketing efforts. The best hashtags for a given campaign will be:
- Relevant and unique – First and foremost, the hashtag word or phrase has to be related to your campaign, and it should be unique enough to distinguish your campaign from related topics. For instance, using a single word like #books won’t tell users as much as a more specific hashtag like #freebooksforkids or #pickupabook.
- Memorable – One of the points of using hashtags for social media marketing is to get potential (and/or existing) customers to use them and, ideally, recognize your brand/spread positive information about your business. So, make sure you choose a hashtag that people can remember so that they do end up using it in the future.
- Short and inspiring – Going hand-in-hand with being memorable, good hashtags should also be short and should compel people to want to share them in the future.
- Crafted around one specific message – Given that hashtags should generally be short, it may not be a big surprise that they should also be geared towards delivering a single specific message. Trying to put more than one message in a hashtag can dilute its impacts on (and use by) users.
- Not easily misread or misinterpreted – When you think may have found the right word(s) for a hashtag campaign, make sure to reread your selected phrasing and have at least one other set of eyes check it out. The key here is to not pick a phrase that can have other meanings and/or that could end up sabotaging your social media marketing efforts (as the wrong phrase can end up turning off users from your brand for a while, if not for good).
Once you have found the right hashtag for a given campaign, you may end up getting the most engagement and/or results by:
- Putting the hashtag on your business materials and ads (including on billboards, websites and maybe even your company’s swag)
- Using the hashtag to tweet during live, highly watched events (like sports games, elections, awards shows, etc.).
Effective Internet Marketing Solutions at Epic Web Results
Are you ready to realize the best results from your website and/or internet marketing investment? If so, it is time to contact Epic Web Results. At Epic Web Results, our skilled industry professionals are up to date with the latest advances in Internet marketing and SEO best practices, and we are highly adept at designing and maintaining optimized websites that will soar to the top of search engines.
Our goal is to provide your business or firm with aggressive, effective Internet marketing solutions that will help attract potential new clients while continuing to engage existing clients.