How Lawyers Can Benefit from Using LinkedIn (Part 2)
Building a LinkedIn Network
To create a strong LinkedIn network, you will need to send out invitations to colleagues and others with whom you want to be linked, and you will need to accept invitations that others have sent you. It’s important to note that both quantity and quality matter here – in other words, it’s not simply enough to send out or accept a mass number of invitations in order to build a strong network. Instead, these connections need to have some value in terms of their own connections and relationships. In fact, some questions to ask yourself before sending out or accepting an invitation include the following:
- Is the person who sent me this invite a respected professional?
- Does he or she have contacts that will be of value to me?
- Did the invite include a personal note specifically to me (or was it just generic)?
It’s also important to point out that growing your professional LinkedIn network should be an ongoing effort. For example, when you meet a new contact at a networking event or when you land a new client, consider sending these individuals invites so you can keep growing your LinkedIn network.
Other LinkedIn Tools
Once you have an established network, you can really start taking advantage of some of LinkedIn’s powerful tools – one of which is the advanced search option that can help you:
- Find professional contacts you may need (such as expert witnesses, specialized legal counsel, etc.).
- Recruit and screen potential new hires, consultants and even clients.
- Research competitors’ law firms.
- Boost your online presence by making your experience and background transparent to others who may be looking for professionals like you.
Effective Legal Marketing Solutions at Epic Web Results
At Epic Web Results, our skilled industry professionals are up to date with the latest advances in SEO best practices, and we are highly adept at designing and maintaining optimized websites that will soar to the top of search engines. Our extensive experience developing the best possible online results for our Clients means that we consistently provide a variety of cost-effective online legal marketing solutions that can ultimately help grow our Clients’ businesses. Our goal is to provide your business or firm with aggressive, effective legal marketing solutions that will help attract potential new clients while continuing to engage existing clients. To learn more about what we do at Epic Web Results, please do not hesitate to email us or call us at (800) 501-9724.