Mobile sites for businesses will be the key to online success in the New Year, as more and more people are exclusively relying on mobile devices for Internet access. In fact, as we recently noted, sites that do not have mobile counterparts in 2016 will likely experience a drop in rankings while mobile-only sites will not be penalized.
Whether you are just getting started designing a mobile site for your business or it’s time to revamp your mobile site, understanding how to optimize for mobile will be critical to maximizing your ROI and realizing the best results from your site.
6 Key Elements of Mobile Optimization
When optimizing for mobile:
- Figure out what your users want and give it to them – This involves dialing into the language that users looking for your business would use and then employing that language on your site. It also can require thinking about what users visiting your mobile site would specifically be looking for and then featuring that information as centrally as possible. For instance, mobile users tend to be looking for info like store hours, locations and contact info, rather than longer articles or content pages. Consequently, providing sought-after info on a Home page can be helpful (in terms of rankings and the user experience).
- Keep it action-oriented – This means including items like click-to-call to buttons, buy now buttons, get directions buttons, etc. In other words, make it as easy as possible for users to take the action you want them to on your mobile site. When it comes to adding actionable buttons (and other items) on mobile sites, however, be sure to provide enough space between these features to make them easy to select, which brings us to our next point, which is…
- Lose the clutter – This applies to nearly every aspect of mobile sites, including the content, the images and the navigation. With limited space on mobile screens, clutter can really take away from the user experience, complicating your call-to-action and increasing the chances that users will simply leave your site (and look to a competitor’s site). So, keep it simple and focus on making the most important info prominent, as well as easy to find and easy to read/respond to.
- Make sharing easy – In other words, don’t forget to add social media buttons on mobile sites to encourage users to share your content with (and make your business more visible to) others.
- Encourage conversions – Don’t make mobile users look for your calls-to-action (or any other information they may be seeking). Instead, try to keep these items above-the-fold, on prominent pages on your site and in places where users are expecting to see them.
- Track performance and make adjustments as needed – Ultimately, the best way to determine what users (i.e., your potential clients) want is to track your mobile site’s performance on a regular, ongoing basis to figure out what elements users are responding to versus what may need to be changed or tweaked to improve response. Continuing to adjust your mobile site in response to analytic data can enhance the success of mobile sites – both in search engines and with users.
Contact Epic Web Results for Effective Internet Marketing Solutions
When you are ready to develop an optimized mobile site for your business (or realize better results from your site), contact the professionals at Epic Web Results. We are up to date with the latest advances in Internet marketing and SEO best practices, and we are highly adept at designing and maintaining optimized websites that will soar to the top of search engines.
To learn more about our customized, innovative Internet marketing solutions, contact the professionals at Epic Web Results by calling (800) 501-9724 or by emailing us using the contact form on this page.