See What Google Considers to Be a High-Quality Legal Site
In light of the impending rollout of Google’s Panda refresh, it’s a good time to go over what constitutes a high-quality site, as well as high-quality content, from Google’s perspective. As webmasters at Google have pointed out:
The “Panda” algorithm change has improved rankings for a large number of high-quality websites…Our advice for publishers continues to be to focus on delivering the best possible user experience on your websites…Search is a complicated and evolving art and science, so rather than focusing on specific algorithmic tweaks, we encourage you to focus on delivering the best possible experience for users.
Ask these Questions to Assess Site Quality, Google Says
While Google’s webmasters have not disclosed the “actual ranking signals used in [their] algorithms,” they have put together a series of useful questions that provide some insight and guidance as to how they view high-quality versus low-quality sites.To really “step into Google’s mindset,” here are some of the specific questions to ask of a site and its content:
- Is the information presented on the site trustworthy or reliable?
- Does the site present redundant or duplicate content (with content that is very similar and only alternates keywords)?
- Would you feel comfortable submitting your credit card info (or other personal info) to this site?
- Does the site have content that seems to be of genuine interest to users? Or does it provide content that is only meant to “rank well”?
- Is the site a recognized authority on a topic/subject?
- Do you trust the information the site is providing?
- Is the page written by a well-informed enthusiast or expert? Or is it more shallow/superficial in nature?
- Does the page have typos, grammatical errors or factual errors? How much quality control seems to be done on the content?
- Does the page provide original content, research, reporting or analysis? Or is it simply a regurgitation of info that’s already published?
- Does the page provide insightful analysis beyond the obvious?
- Does the page provide value, as compared to other pages on SERPs?
- Would you bookmark this page?
- Is the page bogged down with ads that take away from the main content of the page?
- Does the page seem to have been developed with care and attention to detail? Or does it seem like it was hastily put up?
- Would this page generate complaints or prompt users to click off it immediately?
What You Can Do to Improve the Quality of Your Site
- Remove duplicate, poorly written, low-quality content from your site.
- Develop high-quality, original content that will start adding authority to your site.
- Contact the professionals at Epic Web Results. We can perform a free audit on your site, identify its issues and help you rectify them so your site can start performing better, providing you and your business with the best returns/results.
Effective Internet Marketing Solutions at Epic Web Results
Are you ready to realize better results from your website? If so, it is time to contact the skilled industry professionals at Epic Web Results. We are up to date with the latest advances in Internet marketing and SEO best practices, and we are highly adept at designing and maintaining optimized websites that will soar to the top of search engines. Some of our specific legal and Internet marketing services include website design (including for mobile devices), content marketing, email marketing, link building, website analytics, social media marketing, etc.
Our goal is to provide your business or firm with aggressive, effective Internet marketing solutions that will help attract potential new clients while continuing to engage existing clients.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about our customized, innovative Internet marketing solutions, contact the professionals at Epic Web Results by calling (800) 501-9724 or by emailing us using the contact form on this page.