Top 5 Reasons Users Share Legal Content & How to Take Advantage of It
Getting users to share your content is one of the fastest – and most cost-effective – ways to maximize distribution while gaining traction and credibility with a potentially large group of new people.
So, why do people share content and what can you do to make your content more shareable?
Why People Share ContentAn interesting study conducted by the New York Times Customer Insight Group has revealed some of the most common reasons that people share content online. Specifically, this study found that people will typically share content online when:
- They find it entertaining.
- They want to support a specific cause.
- They believe the content helps define who they are.
- They want to stay connected with others and foster their relationships.
- They believe the content keeps them involved or connected with what is going on in the world (or an industry).
Additionally, this study found that about 3 out of every 4 people who do end up sharing content online believe that, by sharing, they are able to process the info delivered in that content more deeply.
How to Make Your Content More Shareable
Given that sharing content seems to be inherently linked with people’s desires to further their own knowledge, relationships and awareness, here are some things you can do to make your content more shareable:
- Choose your content topics wisely – Try to choose topics that people are currently identifying with, that are newsworthy or that you have seen discussed on social media.
- Be engaging – Write catchy titles and keep your discussions engaging. Your title may be the only moment you have to convince someone to read your content, so take some time to craft it.
- Offer new insights – When you can tell people something they haven’t already read in your content, you can start to gain some authority and may even become a go-to source for some users.
- Make it as easy as possible to share your content – Have “share” buttons added to your content pages so that people can easily and readily share your content when they want to.
Other Important Info about Content Sharing Trends
- In general, the peak time frames during which people are the most likely to share content are between 10 am and noon and then later between 8 pm and 10 pm.
- Between noon and 2 pm is when shared content tends to get the most click-through rates.
- The best times for sharing content on social media networks varies by the network, with one study finding that the peak time to share content:
– Via email is 7 am
– On Google+ is 10 am
– On Twitter is 1 pm
– On Facebook is 5 pm
– On Pinterest is 11 pm.
Effective Internet Marketing Solutions at Epic Web Results
Are you ready to develop an effective content and social media marketing strategy for your site and business? If so, it is time to contact the experienced industry professionals at Epic Web Results. We are up to date with the latest advances in Internet marketing and SEO best practices, and we are highly adept at designing and maintaining optimized websites that will soar to the top of search engines.
To learn more about our customized, innovative Internet marketing solutions, contact the professionals at Epic Web Results by calling (800) 501-9724 or by emailing us using the contact form on this page.