Video Tips for Law Firms: 7 Effective Tips for Results & Success (Pt. 2)
Continuing from Video SEO Tips: 7 Effective Tips for Results & Success (Pt. 1), here, we will resume our discussion regarding how to optimize video content for your website.
More Helpful Video SEO Tips
Tip 3 – Don’t forget about the meta data for your videos.Similar to written content for your website, video content should have appropriately completed meta data in order to get the most out of this content. What this means is that, for each video posted on your website, it’s crucial to compete at least the following:
- Title tags – While these tags should conform to the necessary character limits (with these limits usually being around 70 characters or so), they should also be written to clearly explain the content of the video.
- Meta descriptions – Meta descriptions offer more of an opportunity to describe a video’s content. These descriptions can also be written with a little market-ese, as they will usually be what appears in search engine results (and, therefore, can entice or turn off users from clicking on your video content).
- Keyword fields – This field should include the appropriate keywords or keyword phrases pertaining to a given video, and it’s usually a good idea to limit this to handful of phrases (at most).
Tip 4 – Consider posting transcriptions of the video content.
Transcribing the content of a video can be a relatively easy and very powerful way to optimize that video, particularly if the video content is not ranking well in search engines. With this tip for video SEO, there are a few ways to implement it, including (but by no means limited to) by:
- Putting the transcript immediately below the video content – The text can even be hidden by a “Read the Transcript for this Video” button below the posted video.
- Writing up the transcript as a blog piece – With this option, you can link the blog back to the video, creating another way for users to get to your video content.
We will reveal some final video SEO tips in the upcoming conclusion to this blog series. We encourage you to check it out – or simply contact us today to get all of the answers you need about optimizing your website.
Effective Internet Marketing Solutions at Epic Web Results
When you are ready for help developing a fully optimized website, the trusted industry professionals at Epic Web Results are here to help you. Our skilled professionals are up to date with the latest advances in Internet marketing and SEO best practices, and we are highly adept at designing and maintaining optimized websites that will soar to the top of search engines.
Some of our specific legal and Internet marketing services include website design (including for mobile devices), link building, content and email marketing, website analytics, social media marketing, etc.
Our goal is to provide your business or firm with aggressive, effective Internet marketing solutions that will help attract potential new clients while continuing to engage existing clients.