Many business owners understand that, these days, having an online presence is essential to connecting with potential new clients and customers. While some any realize that SEO is a key part of developing an online presence, understanding a specific business’ SEO needs may be far more elusive and unclear.
Here’s a look at some of the primary factors to consider when it’s time to review your business’ SEO needs and make the most of your Internet marketing investments.
SEO for Businesses: How to Determine the SEO Needs for a Business
As you are getting ready to improve the optimization of your business’ website, here are the main factors to consider:
1 – The Business’ Overall Marketing Strategy
One of the first steps to understanding SEO for business is having a clear picture of that business’ entire marketing strategy. While marketing strategies for businesses may be continually evolving, some of the key questions to ask include:
- Who’s the target audience/client?
- What approaches are being used to target this audience?
Answering these questions can help determine where search engine optimization fits into the big picture. In other words, SEO will need to be a component of a business’ overall marketing strategy, and if it isn’t already, the first step will be to figure out how it will fit into the current marketing strategy.
2 – The Current Performance
Knowing how a business’ website has been performing is the next step in figuring out that business’ SEO needs. To ascertain this, some questions to ask include (but aren’t exclusive to):
- How is the business’ site currently performing?
- What have the traffic trends and/or conversion trends been for the past few months (or even the past year)?
- Has the site been penalized by search engines? Or is there another significant negative factor that needs to be overcome?
The answers to these questions can provide more details regarding:
- How in-depth/extensive the SEO plan for a business needs to be
- How much of an Internet marketing investment may need to be made to get the site back on track
3 – The Business’ Limitations
With a preliminary SEO plan for a business in place, refining this plan will be the next step, and this can be done by determining:
- What resources the business has to implement part(s) of the SEO plan
- What components the business will need help implementing due to a lack of resources.
With this step, it’s important for business owners to be realistic. Do they have staff with time to regularly dedicate to the ongoing effort of carrying out the SEO plan? For instance, will someone at the business be able to regularly blog or post to social media? And, perhaps the better question is, does the business have staff with the skills and knowledge to carry out the SEO plan correctly?
If not, businesses may need to rely on their Internet marketing provider a bit more – and realizing this upfront will be pivotal to making the SEO plan as successful as possible (as soon as possible).
At Epic Web Results, we work with each of our clients to fully understand their businesses’ SEO needs, as well as their limitations. We can fully support businesses’ Internet marketing efforts, providing the services they need – including social media marketing, email marketing, blogging, etc.
4 – The Ultimate Goals
The final step in determining a business’ SEO needs is understanding what that business’ ultimate goals are in terms of Internet marketing strategies and overall marketing strategies. More specifically, while the overall goal may be to earn more profits through getting more clients/business, smaller steps to this goal may include:
- Improving search engine rankings and traffic to the site
- Improving the site’s conversion rate
- Improving engagement and presence on social media.
Although these goals may evolve over time, having a clear understanding of them will be crucial to the overall SEO plan and, in turn, to the success of that business’ Internet marketing efforts.
Determining Businesses SEO Needs: The Bottom Line
When it comes to determining a business’ SEO needs, the bottom line is that:
- SEO should be a main component of the business’ overall marketing strategy.
- Working with skilled Internet marketing professionals – like those at Epic Web Results – can be essential to both figuring out the SEO needs and developing/implementing an effective SEO plan.
Effective Internet Marketing Solutions at Epic Web Results
Are you ready to figure out your business’ SEO needs and take your Internet marketing efforts to the next level? If so, it’s time to contact the experienced SEO professionals at Epic Web Results. We are up to date with the latest advances in Internet marketing and SEO best practices, and we are highly adept at designing and maintaining optimized websites that will soar to the top of search engines.
Our extensive experience developing the best possible online results for our Clients means that we consistently provide a variety of cost-effective Internet marketing solutions that can ultimately help grow our Clients’ businesses.