5 Web Design Tips to Position Your Attorney Website for Success
The design of a website can impact its appeal to users and its success in search engines. In fact, while a poor site design can result in slow loading times, high bounce rates and unimpressive rankings in search engines, a good site design can generate conversions, more leads, new clients and more profits.
Here are some essential design tips from the pros at Epic Web Results:
1. Do some research – Who are your top two or three competitors online? What is appealing or not about their websites? This design planning step can help you pinpoint some of the specific features that may be successful among your target audience – and what you may want to include in your site’s design.
2. Consider your target audience – As you select color schemes and layout, think about what would be most compelling for your target audience. What would make them trust you and want to stay on your site? What type of funnels or navigation elements would incite them to respond to your call-to-action? Dialing in your design to meet your target audience’s needs can lay the foundation for a successful site.
3. Be mindful of the images – Include compelling images, infographics and/or videos, but don’t overdo it. Too many images can slow down site loading times. This can negatively affect by the user experience and search engine rankings.
4. Optimize for mobile – In May 2015, Google confirmed that more Internet searches are being conducted on mobile devices than on desktops in 10 countries, including in the U.S. and Japan. So, don’t forget about optimizing your site for mobile. You may want to consider responsive design so your site appears properly across different types of mobile devices, including tablets and smartphones.
5. Never forget about the user – Ultimately, if you find yourself questioning certain design options, think about what would provide the best user experience and make the choice that supports that. After all, Google’s number one philosophy is to “Focus on the user and all else will follow;” so, always keep the user experience top-of-mind when making design choices.
Ready for some more professional insight regarding the best design options for your business’ site? If so, contact the pros at Epic Web Results. Call us at (800) 501-9724 or email us.