An effective marketing strategy for a firm is never stagnate; instead, it’s always evolving to adapt to new technologies, changing attitudes, etc. If it’s been a while since your law firm or business has updated its marketing strategy, the following statistics may prove to you that now is as good a time as ever to revamp your strategic marketing plan so you can regain an edge over your competitors, increase your profits and ideally set your firm up for growth with the coming new year.
Before looking at some specific statistics, it’s important to understand some general changes in marketing trends when it comes to online clients and consumers:
- Disruptive ads that have been traditionally used in online campaigns are far less compelling than they used to be. In fact, they can have the opposite effect and end up turning off or driving away potential consumers and clients.
- More effective are marketing campaigns that are customized to a specific audience.
- Ultimately, the current trend is delivering the right message at the right time in the right format for different devices (i.e., smartphones versus tablets versus desktop computers).
The following marketing statistics have been compiled and presented by various research firms, marketing entities and news organizations, including comScore, CNN and McKinsey Quarterly.
- A look at old ways of thinking about online marketing:
- Last year, for every page published on the Internet, there were at least 6 display ads. That was the equivalent of more than 2,500 ads for every person who used the Internet.
- About 15 years ago, consumers would, on average, be exposed to approximately 3,000 advertisements and other marketing messages every day.
- More than 60 percent of consumers need to be exposed to an ad for a particular company at least 3 times – and up to 5 times – before they actually believe its claims.
- People are generally 50 times more likely to act on a recommendation from a friend (especially when it comes to making a purchase) than they are from someone they don’t know.
For more relevant marketing statistics that could change the way your firm currently reaches out to prospective clients online, check out the upcoming Part 2 of this blog.
Effective Legal Marketing Solutions at Epic Web Results
At Epic Web Results, our skilled industry professionals are up to date with the latest advances in SEO best practices, and we are highly adept at designing and maintaining optimized websites that will soar to the top of search engines. Our extensive experience developing the best possible online results for our Clients means that we consistently provide a variety of cost-effective online legal marketing solutions that can ultimately help grow our Clients’ businesses. Our goal is to provide your business or firm with aggressive, effective legal marketing solutions that will help attract potential new clients while continuing to engage existing clients. To learn more about what we do at Epic Web Results, please do not hesitate to email us or call us at (800) 501-9724.