Migrating Your Legal Website: An Overview of Site Moves (Pt. 1)
- A site move that does not involve a change of the URL
- A site move that involves a change of the URL
In this two-part blog, we’ll provide a simplified overview of both types of site moves, according to the guidelines set forth by Google webmasters. If you need assistance migrating, optimizing and/or redesigning your website, contact Epic Web Results.
Site Moves When No URL Changes Are Involved
When the URL will not be changed as part of the site move, the site’s address will stay the same while the underlying infrastructure of the site will be changed because, for instance, there is a new hosting provider. The general steps for this type of site move are as follows:
- Develop a new hosting infrastructure – In other words, create a functional copy of the site to be moved, and test the new site to verify that it works as it should. As part of this process, all of the site’s pages, images, forms, downloadable files, etc. should be reviewed to ensure they appear and work properly.
- Initiate the site move – Once the new site has been verified to be properly working, the site move can take place.
- Monitor the site’s traffic – As the site move occurs, the site’s traffic should be carefully monitored so that any possible problems with the site or the move can be immediately detected and corrected.
- Cease old hosting – After the site move has occurred and the traffic to the old provider has hit zero, the prior hosting infrastructure should be shut down to complete the site move.
Don’t miss the second part of this blog for an overview of how site moves should be carried out when URL changes are part of the process.
Effective Internet Marketing Solutions at Epic Web Results
At Epic Web Results, our skilled industry professionals are up to date with the latest advances in Internet marketing and SEO best practices, and we are highly adept at designing and maintaining optimized websites that will soar to the top of search engines. Some of our specific legal and Internet marketing services include website design (including for mobile devices), link building, content and email marketing, website analytics, social media marketing, etc.
Our extensive experience developing the best possible online results for our Clients means that we consistently provide a variety of cost-effective Internet marketing solutions that can ultimately help grow our Clients’ businesses. Our goal is to provide your business or firm with aggressive, effective Internet marketing solutions that will help attract potential new clients while continuing to engage existing clients.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about our customized, innovative Internet marketing solutions, contact the professionals at Epic Web Results by calling (800) 501-9724 or by emailing us using the contact form on this page.