Penguin 3.0 Update: Here’s What You Need to Know for Your Law Firm
About a week after the release of Google’s latest refresh to Penguin, we know now some more important details about this latest algorithm refresh that you may be interested in knowing. Here is what we now know in the wake of Google’s rollout of Penguin 3.0:
- Penguin 3.0 is being considered a refresh to the algorithm, rather than a full-fledged algorithm update.
- One of the intentions of this algorithm refresh is to aid some websites in recovering from previous penalties and impacts caused by previous versions of the Penguin algorithm (as long as these sites are currently in compliance with Google’s linking guidelines).
- So far, less than 1 percent of U.S. English search queries have been impacted.
- At this point, Penguin 3.0 does not seem to be really impacting the SERPs (search engine results pages).
- Although the rollout of Penguin 3.0 is all but finished in the U.S., this Google algorithm refresh is still being rolled out internationally, and this process will continue over the next several upcoming weeks.
- The full impacts of Penguin 3.0 cannot be properly assessed until the rollout has been fully completed.
What Does Penguin 3.0 Mean for Your Website?
While all of the above info may be of interest to you, understanding how Penguin 3.0 has impacted your website will be critical to maintaining your site’s rankings so you don’t lose out on exposure and possibly even new business leads. To more precisely determine if Penguin 3.0 has affected your site, it’s first important to take a close look at the traffic to your site over the past week or so. How that traffic has fluctuated could indicate an influence of Penguin 3.0:
- If your site’s traffic and overall rankings have fallen (and your site was established prior to October 2013), then you may have some spammy or bad links that are still associated with your site and that Penguin 3.0 is picking up on. If this is the case for you, it’s probably time to thoroughly clean up your website.
- If your site’s traffic seems to be dropping and your site is relatively new (i.e., has been newly established since October 2013), then there may be some other issues impacting your site, and it’s crucial for an experienced professional to go through your site to figure out what may be negatively affecting its rankings.
The Bottom Line…
The bottom line is that Penguin 3.0 may affect your site in various ways and that the professionals at Epic Web Results can help you:
- Pinpoint whether your site has been negatively affected by this algorithm refresh (and, if so, what needs to be done to reverse this trend).
- Make the necessary changes to your site so that it’s once again thriving in search engine rankings.
Effective Internet Marketing Solutions at Epic Web Results
At Epic Web Results, our skilled industry professionals are up to date with the latest advances in Internet marketing and SEO best practices, and we are highly adept at designing and maintaining optimized websites that will soar to the top of search engines.
Our extensive experience developing the best possible online results for our Clients means that we consistently provide a variety of cost-effective Internet marketing solutions that can ultimately help grow our Clients’ businesses. Our goal is to provide your business or firm with aggressive, effective Internet marketing solutions that will help attract potential new clients while continuing to engage existing clients.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about our customized, innovative Internet marketing solutions, contact the professionals at Epic Web Results by calling (800) 501-9724 or by emailing us using the contact form on this page.